Valley Vista Care is currently seeking LPN's for full-time, part-time and PRN positions.
UP TO $7,000 sign-on bonus for a full-time position!
Provides nursing care to meet the needs of an assigned group of residents within the framework of the total plan of care. Functions under the direction of a registered nurse by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contributes to the nursing process, and implements a resident plan of care. Under the supervision of an RN, may assign nursing diagnoses and write nursing orders.
- Performs direct nursing services such as administering medications and treatments and providing personal care and ADLs to assist in assessment and evaluation; assists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Will draw blood, start and administer IV fluids per MD order. Care for PICC line per guidelines.
- Delegates suitable components of care to nursing assistants; provides guidance and supervision when necessary.
- Assists in resident and family health teaching and rehabilitation.
- Consults and validates data with the RN; records and reports pertinent information; provides explanations to families and other staff.
- Recognizes and reports safety hazards.
- May assume charge nurse, primary nurse, and team leader duties when assigned under the direction of an RN.
- Identifies and evaluates the resident's response to health problems and treatment.
- Communicates resident care needs and approach to other personnel involved in care.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development; plans and/or participates in conferences and classes to improve knowledge and practice in resident care; attends in-service programs that are provided to facilitate compliance with government regulations.
- Participates in the nursing service quality assurance program.
- Interprets philosophy and objectives of the home and nursing services to residents, families, and other employees when necessary.
- Takes and records temperatures, blood pressures, pulses, and respiration rates of residents.
- Charts information regarding residents including progress, ailments, medications, symptoms, and observations.
- Discusses with supervisory nursing staff the progress of residents and how to proceed with care.
- Stocks and prepares medication cart for rounds.
- Assists physician in patient rounds.
- Provides various treatments as recommended by the physician.
- Transfers or assists in transferring residents from bed to wheelchair.
- Performs physical assessments of residents under the RN's direction.
- Take MD orders via phone, fax or verbal. Write out MD orders, transcribe to MAR/TAR and assure orders are given to pharmacy, etc.
Valley Vista is pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Combined Medical and Dental premiums starting at just $71/month
- Company paid life insurance
- Supplemental options for short term disability, long term disability, critical illness and accident insurance
- 403(B) with a 3% employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Benefits
- Onsite Daycare
- Work/Life Balance and much more!
*Live where you work and play!! St. Maries, Idaho located just 55 minutes from Coeur D'Alene is a beautiful town situated on the St. Maries and St. Joe Rivers. Come and see what our town has to offer!*
Industry: Healthcare (Skilled Nursing)
Valley Vista Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer