Valley Vista Care of St. Maries is currently seeking CNA's for full-time, part-time and PRN positions.
UP TO A $4,500 Sign-On Bonus Available for Full-Time Positions!
Valley Vista is pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Combined Medical and Dental premiums starting at just $71/month
- Company paid life insurance
- Supplemental options for short term disability, long term disability, critical illness and accident insurance
- 403(B) with a 3% employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Benefits
- Onsite Daycare
- Work/Life Balance and much more!
Functions within the scope of practice as established by the Idaho State Board of Nursing Certification. Provides direct care to nursing home residents by following each individual care plan, primarily for their activities of daily living, also to include some medical care by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets personal care needs: bathing, dressing, grooming, and care of skin, teeth, hair, ears, nails; promotes self-care activities.
- Makes occupied and unoccupied beds; cares for personal belongings such as clothing, dentures, eye glasses, hearing aids, prostheses.
- Meets nutritional need by passing trays, ice water, nourishments; assists in feeding; uses adaptive equipment; tray monitoring.
- Participates in bowel/bladder and toileting programs, care for urinary drainage equipment and protective equipment care for ostomies, and urine testing.
- Assists with ambulation, exercise, range of motion, transfers, transportation using assistive devices, wheelchairs, and lifts.
- Meets sleep and rest needs of residents by providing activity, exercise, and rest.
- Prevents contractures and skin breakdown by proper body alignment, turning, positioning, and use of special aids.
- Observes and reports signs and symptoms of disability, illness, and change in condition or behavior.
- Takes, measures, and records vital signs, height, weight, and food/fluid intake/output.
- Keeps utility areas, wheelchairs, and shower rooms in order.
- Cleans equipment such as wheelchairs, Geri-chairs, lifts, and stretchers.
- Delivers supplies, equipment, specimens, and correspondence to/from other areas in facility.
- Meets safety needs by reporting environmental hazards, proper utilization of restraints, observance of infection control measures, and oxygen safety.
- Meets needs of residents with special conditions such as mental impairment, behavior disorders, and medical problems.
- Cares for dying residents, including care of the body and personal effects after death.
- Relates appropriately to residents, families, visitors, and staff.
- Responsible for attending in-service programs that are provided to facilitate government regulations.
- Required to attend 24 hours of in-service per year.
- Assists with patient assessment and care planning.
- Assists in meeting elimination needs which may include emptying and cleaning bedpans, urinals, and catheter bags.
- Assists residents with comfort and anxiety relief.
- Assists in promoting resident safety and environmental cleanliness.
- Assists with unit management and efficiency.
- Requires documenting and reporting information regarding residents' health, I&O, and any change of medical condition.
*Live where you work and play!! St. Maries, Idaho located just 55 minutes from Coeur D'Alene is a beautiful town situated on the St. Maries and St. Joe Rivers. Come and see what our town has to offer!*
Industry: Healthcare (Skilled Nursing)
Valley Vista is an equal opportunity employer.