$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Available!
Valley Vista Care located in St. Maries, Idaho is currently seeking an Assistant Director Of Nursing (RN) for our 74 Skilled Nursing Facility.
Valley Vista is pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Combined Medical and Dental premiums starting at just $71/month
- Company paid life insurance
- Supplemental options for short term disability, long term disability, critical illness and accident insurance
- 403(B) with a 3% employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Benefits
- Onsite Daycare
- Work/Life Balance and much more!
Functions within the scope of practice as established by Idaho State Board of Nursing Licensure. Gives direction and assistance to all nursing staff. Assist in the general oversight of nursing care provided to our residents by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assist with assessing and charting on Medicare and alert charting residents.
· Assist floor nurses’ with dressing changes and other treatments as needed.
· Makes physician calls, completes orders, while updating care plans both in rooms and in charts.
· Monitors CNA and nursing staff for: proper ADL care, completion of treatments, resident snack delivery.
· Completes admissions and discharges, including processing all orders, resident and family teaching, initial assessment and charting, initiation of behavior monitoring and pain assessment tools, fall assessment, side rail assessment, and ensure faxing of orders to the pharmacy.
· Assist with review and investigation of accident or incident reports including physician and family notification and follow-up with staff when necessary.
· Assesses acutely ill residents with referral, as necessary, completion of transfer forms, notification of families, contacting ambulance as necessary.
· Initiates alert charting as necessary with complete documentation of reason for alert charting.
· Attends AM meetings and reports on resident conditions.
· Assist with doctor's rounds.
· Maintains involvement with all resident behavior monitoring and pain assessment.
· Assists with the completion on the 24 hour report.
· Assists wound nurse in education of staff and implementation of POC to meet required treatment and assessment deadlines for new admissions and pressure ulcers
· Review of pharmacy recommendations r/t medication changes and suggestions including additional information to PCP as needed
· Monitor laboratory results and any testing i.e. radiology results etc. and relay information to family and physician as needed with follow up as needed
· Review of MAR and current documentation as needed with follow up documentation.
· Follow up with staff re: medication changes, change of condition, intervention as needed including information/education.
· Interacts with surveyors and other regulatory/consultant staff as needed.
Valley Vista Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer