Valley View Healthcare & Rehab is a 45 bed private, non-profit Long Term Care facility which first opened its doors in 1967. Our mission is focused on the individual served and their needs each and every day. All people are unique and valuable to our society and we treat them with love, care and respect.
Valley View is currently recruiting for the LPN:
Examples of Duties Performed by the LPN:
- Administers nursing care to the residents as needed.
- Treatments and medications as directed by the physician and according to the facility's policies.
- Assists in the care plan process - development and/or changes must be reviewed and approved by an RN.
- Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions and changes in general physical and/or mental conditions of residents.
- Communicates with the physician as indicated.
- Communicates with the pharmacy as indicated.
- Attends and participates in in-services, meetings, and continuing education classes as required.
- Practices verbally and by example effective communication skills.
- Explains to residents and families' new MD orders and any questions about nursing care being provided to residents.
- Knows and abides by facility policies.
- Knows and abides by State and Federal regulations.
- Must be willing and able to take direction from Supervisor and give direction to department employees
Qualifications for the LPN:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Has current license/registration with Minnesota State Board of Nursing
- Must enjoy geriatric residents and understand their special needs
- Must have patience, tact, understanding, and be courteous with residents, families, and staff
- Must possess articulate written and oral communication skills in English
Valley View Healthcare and Rehab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against people of all races, color, sex, age, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.
Valley View Healthcare