Reports to: Corporate Service Manager
Supervises: Service Technicians, Service Clerks/Writers when applicable
Manages’ service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment. Service Management does this by optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Creates annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives
- Develops and executes Service Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Coordinates customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events
- Submits all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing, which includes diagnostic & information fees and travel charge when applicable on all RO’s
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ensure safety of department and employees
- May be responsible for working directly with Facilities Manager on shop, yard and improvement related issues.
Desired Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience in Service Department operations
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Ability to effectively lead and work as a member of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Valley Truck and Tractor offers many training opportunities through in-house training offered by John Deere University and off-site training options.
Interested in becoming a Service Tech? Inquire about our John Deere Ag Tech sponsorship!