Payroll Clerk I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly general accounting activities required to process and maintain the payroll and related reports, payroll tax reporting, General Ledger Accounts Reconciliations, month-end closing activities along with any special projects assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing payroll business transactions.
- Process payroll and all associated reports along with month-end closing duties for the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare month-end payroll closing journal entries assigned.
- Prepare and process all payroll and associated tax reports ensuring that the Cooperative is in compliance of all requirements and that due dates are met.
- Prepare and process all related payroll direct deposits, checks, ACH’s and wires.
- Reconcile assigned accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure "internal control" in all assigned activities by applying the required cross checks and balances.
- Maintain compliance with all relevant OSHA, safety and departmental standards as directed by supervisor.
- Work on "Special Projects" and additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Controller and CFO.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); college hours in the accounting field and business course certifications are essential; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, payroll processing, balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entry preparation and month-end closing required. Ability to utilize an Excel spreadsheet in performing the position's work requirements is necessary.
Must have valid Driver's License and insurable driving record.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background checks.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be computer literate and possess competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be capable of working with and understanding basic concepts of computer printouts.
- Must be able to work with others, around others and alone.
- Ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Must be responsible and tactful.
- Must have a pleasant personality, be well-groomed and impressionable with visitors/customers.
- Must have good telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to pay close attention to numerous details.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Must be willing to adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Valley Telephone
Get fresh Accounting Clerk Payroll jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.