Valley Telephone Raymondville, TX
- Expired: December 12, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of corporate network, including monitoring, security, client installations support, hardware/software and any other technology requirements of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, implement, configure and maintain network, server and PC hardware (both physical and virtual).
- Implement, configure, maintain and monitor network servers, including OS installation, security and critical updates, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Active Directory management, Corporate Exchange E-mail and Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software.
- Firewall configuration and management, implementation, maintenance and support of network monitoring tools.
- Ability to perform and monitor remote access, electronic gateways, logical LAN daily traffic/performance, logical WLAN daily traffic/performance and related network and information security.
- Implement, configures and maintains workstations to include applications, client software, and Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software.
- Perform OS and application software updates and version control for software, including distribution, tracking and maintenance for all equipment.
- Ability to correct computer, network (wired and wireless) and printer problems.
- Ability to maintain consistent backups in daily, weekly and monthly snapshots of all monitored and maintained systems.
- Maintains compliance to all relevant OSHA, safety or departmental specific standards as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have valid Driver's License and insurable driving record.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background checks.
IT certifications are a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Customer service skills helpful.
Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, UNIX (BSD, OSX) and LINUX servers.
Microsoft Office Suite.
Microsoft Windows 7/8/10.
Microsoft Exchange Server.
Mac OSX (10.6 and higher).
Knowledge and/or experience with Local Area Network (LAN), WLAN, PF and ASA firewalls and Cisco, Juniper and Brocade Routers.
Ability to configure, load software and troubleshoot PC's.
TechnologyView all jobs at Valley Telephone