Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
OUR CORE VALUES
The Credit Union is a values-driven organization. They guide our behavior as they create our desired culture.
Everyone Counts ▪ We promise a diverse and fair workplace to better serve our Members, Team Members and Communities, fostering an environment of transparency, trust, and respect.
Innovate Boldly ▪ We dream big, challenge the status quo, move with agility, and embrace data-driven decisions. We listen and continuously make the impossible possible.
Embrace the Fun! ▪ We take the joy in our work by welcoming kindness, integrity, and authenticity.
Own It ▪ Valley Strong is ours to grow. We hold ourselves accountable to doing our best work every day and are empowered to do what’s right.POSITION SUMMARY
The BI Analyst will be responsible for working with business leaders and BI consumers to identify reporting and analytical requirements. In addition, he/she will be responsible in developing PowerBI reports, decks and dashboards that business leaders can utilize for decision-making and strategic planning. The candidate must be knowledgeable with data tools, such as PowerBI, SQL, Advanced Excel skill and possess an innate level of data curiosity.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with business leaders/stakeholders to develop actionable data insights to deliver meaningful outcome to the business using internal and external data sources.
- Designs, develops, and maintains effective analytic processes, solutions, visualizations, metrics and KPIs.
- Consults with key business leaders to understand business requirements and priorities, identifies strategic initiatives, and develops effective and timely analytical solutions.
- Delivers analytical insight and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers, including executives.
- Supports ad-hoc analytic requests from raw data through presentation quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Proposes and implements business metrics for management reviews and works with other departments to design and develop data driven solutions to support business efficiency.
- Develops and maintains a data dictionary that will include definitions of calculations and metrics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily and with accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent to three to five years of experience, with data query and data visualization and use of analytical and visualization tools.
- Two years of work experience in a financial institution environment.
Ability to read and interpret data using analytical tools, such as SQL and PowerBI. Proficiency with verbal and written communication skills. Ability to tell stories with data.REASONING ABILITY
Able to work well with data and display efficiency in data mining, clean-up, and visualization. Knowledgeable in banking terminologies and able to communicate with business unit leaders in understanding business needs. Skilled in translating non-technical requirements to technical requirements.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Possesses detailed knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Laws and Regulations, as they pertain to federal guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
All team members must complete the assigned training requirements including, but not limited to, regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. This includes the SAFE Act. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
I have read and understand the duties and responsibilities of this position and will perform them to the best of my ability. I understand what is required and expected of me to meet the performance standards of this position. I acknowledge that I can perform the functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Team Member Name Team Member Signature Date
Supervisor's Name Supervisor's Signature
Valley Strong Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at Valley Strong Credit Union