Valley ROP Sanger, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $42 to $58 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
We are seeking an EMS/EMT Teacher - Adult School to join Valley ROP successful Adult Education EMS program! Provides instruction for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Academy educational offerings, and participates in program planning, implementation, and evaluation. Participates in related projects. The starting salary range is $42.00 - $57.56/classroom hour.
- Prepares performance-based objectives and outlines for course of study following curriculum guidelines and requirements of the school, State and Federal initiatives; meets State and local performance measures.
- Develops annual goals for program improvement; revise and update program curriculum using performance-based open entry/open exit individualized curriculum materials, as needed.
- Organizes program of practical and technical instruction, including demonstrations of skills required in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) professions, and lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology; prepares outline of instructional programs and studies and assembles materials to be presented; reviews with supervisor, as needed.
- Instructs students in subject areas, i.e., use, maintenance, and the safe operation of tools and equipment, codes or regulations related to the EMS program.
- Keeps records of daily attendance and student progress; reports to supervisor and the registration office per requirements of the District.
- Confers with team leader, team members, i.e., enrichment instructor, counselor, job developer, etc. to obtain additional information and to gain insight on student behavioral disorders affecting the learning processes.
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing a variety of methods and techniques, such as lectures, discussions, or demonstrations; ensures use of classroom time is organized and that instruction and clean-up can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts; responds to basic student questions; may initiate study groups in preparation for exams.
- Enforces classroom protocols, rules and regulations; maintains classroom discipline; utilizes effective classroom management techniques.
- Provides feedback to supervisor and co-workers regarding student progress and/or comprehension of course content.
- Ensures confidentiality of all program records and student information.
- Maintains relationships with the business community to ensure job training goals, objectives, and curriculum are aligned with current business standards and practices.
- Attends meetings and training per requirements of the supervisor; participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and professional development workshops.
- High school diploma or GED. Associate Degree Prefered.
- Certification/Licensure CA licensure as EMT or Paramedic.
- At least 5 years of EMS experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of EMS theory, practice, and trends.
- Knowledge of current EMS curricular content and education standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to adapt EMS curricula to reflect State requirements, local needs, and national trends.
- Ability to assess student performance and progress and to provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to promote higher-order thinking and problem-solving among educational participants.
- Ability to adhere to established standards for educational quality.
- Ability to maintain complete, accurate educational records.
- Knowledge of EMS educational program accreditation processes and standards.
We work with 10 School Districts in the central valley supporting Students in Career Technical Education.
1305 Q StreetSanger, CA