Whey Supervisor Relief
Valley Queen Milbank, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the whey plant. This position is also responsible for providing leadership and direction to all production employees and providing relief coverage for process supervisor.
- Assist process supervisor in providing direction to all whey production employees on shift to ensure production schedules are met, quality standards are achieved, equipment is maintained, and employees are properly trained and working in a safe manner and environment.
- Evaluate processes and methods, to make appropriate recommendations to continuously improve methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product and safety objectives. Actively participate in extraneous prevention and solids recovery.
- Responsible for maintaining POMs, master sanitation schedule and sanitation standard operating procedures to ensure sanitation needs are met.
- Maintain and control departmental supplies, tools and equipment as assigned.
- Responsible for review and sign-off of new and revised procedures prior to implementation.
- Provide guidance and leadership for process improvement projects as assigned.
- Provide input with labor requests for their respective shifts based on needs.
- Maintain good communications with other supervisors and managers to ensure a safe, continuous product flow and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Complete and maintain appropriate paperwork and documentation to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Operate and monitor assigned food safety preventative controls including verification activities, equipment operation, records requirements, corrective action database and complete the required periodic training requirements.
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Teamwork Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Detail Oriented
This position is responsible for assisting process supervisors with the performance management of whey plant employees.
This job operates in a food production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemicals, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands for this position are mainly able to do sedentary work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will need to sit, stand, walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days of work are on an alternating schedule. This position will work alternating weekends as well as occasional night shift coverage.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED is required for this position. Basic computer proficiency. Maintain current forklift certification.
Preferred Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in Dairy Science or Dairy Manufacturing or five or more years in a food manufacturing facility. Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or tasks that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, duties and tasks may change at any time with or without notice.
BusinessView all jobs at Valley Queen