Are you a hands-on leader that is passionate about production quality? Imagine leading a team that helps recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill by converting them into valuable finished products. Take advantage of this career with an industrial leading, essential manufacturer where your quality experience will have a larger impact.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our Ward, SC team. Enjoy leading a team that shares your commitment to quality and is responsible for ensuring that the ingredients and nutrients produced for feed and pet foods are of the highest quality.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Quality impact – Make a positive impact on the quality of our finished products and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill by converting them into valuable finished products that our customers need.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- BA/BS degree –Technical or Science related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the Feed/Food Industry
- 3+ years Quality Assurance Management experience
- Competency with 21 CFR Part 507, Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals
- Demonstration of successful implementation of food safety and quality programs.
- Experience with the development and use of Food Safety Plans and HACCP Programs.
- Experience in writing Quality related procedures, protocols, and manuals.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Organize (people, lab equipment) lab. Oversee in-process and finished product testing.
- Review current testing frequencies and finalize required tests and frequencies.
- Train employees on proper product testing procedures.
- Maintain calibration of lab equipment – includes weekly calibration checks.
- Handle the pest control program for the facility.
- Create Quality and Food Safety programs and procedures. Document procedures and create charts, etc.
- Review daily product test results for compliance. Create monthly summaries (or desired frequencies).
- Handle customer complaints and corrective actions. Compile complaint list and review with plant management team. Provide trending reports.
- Handle customer (sales) requests. This includes samples, documents for customer certifications, questionnaires.
- Handle customer and 3rd party audits. Prepare for audit, work with the auditor during their visit and respond with corrective actions.
- Review and update the Animal Food Safety Program.
- Monthly GMP/Housekeeping/Food Safety Audit of facility and corrective actions
- Employee training- GMP, Food Safety, Food Defense, PC/CCP training (minimum yearly).
- Have attended a PCQI (Preventive Control Qualified Individual) training course.
- HACCP experience.
- Employee training for job specific food safety responsibilities.
- Need to have technical expertise (lab experience)
- Submit export product certification documents to APHIS. Each country requires yearly certification.
- Manage outside product testing.
- Assist with raw material issues.
- Assist production with operational issues.
- Manage regulatory audits and inquiries.
- Monitor facility/employees for compliance to regulatory and company quality and food safety programs and regulations.
- Maintain finished product specifications.
- Audit(review) production paperwork for completeness.
- Assist in mock recalls or other product retrievals.
- Oversee Certificate of Analysis program.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.