Experience a greater sense of accomplishment as part of a dedicated laboratory team that turns recycled products into high quality additives used in pet food and livestock feed. Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician for our Lewiston Woodville, NC team. This is a critical role responsible for preparing and conducting analyses for various biological, agricultural, and animal feed samples. Hours are Monday through Friday, starting at 5am.
As a member of the quality team, you can expect:
- Competitive hourly pay – Average weekly pay is $710-$820
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- AAS degree in Chemistry, Nutrition, Animal Sciences, Agriculture or related field
- At least six months of laboratory experience (experience in assaying food or feed samples is preferred)
- Experience in assaying crude protein using combustion method is a plus
- Proficiency using MS Word and Excel programs
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collect and prepare various biological and animal feed samples for analyses
- Set up and operate various types of laboratory equipment and instruments
- Routinely perform crude protein, moisture, crude fat, and ash for over 50 samples daily
- Accurately prepare, record, review and analyze data, and maintain database
- Routinely perform preventive maintenance and housekeeping on equipment and work area
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.