Position Overview – Reports to Inside Sales Supervisor
“Expert” sales and customer-service representative. Inside Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining excellent communication with the customers assigned while also increasing “share of wallet”. You are the customer’s personal contact and personify VPPS in the commercial customer’s mind.
Prerequisite Skills / Education / Experience / Special Training
· Excellent English-language oral communication skills: good phone, written, and analytical skills; some Spanish would be helpful.
· Adequate understanding of word-processing, spreadsheet, database and presentational software
· Ability to pass appropriate muscular-skeletal fitness tests and drug-alcohol tests
· Previous successful education, experience or training in similar/relevant positions.
· Ability to complete lubricants basic “Products & Applications” courses.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Profitably retain existing customers: Inspire strong customer loyalty to him/herself and to VPPS. Systematically contact these customers and try to increase sales (expand “share of wallet”).
2. “Revitalize” profitable accounts that may have stopped using VPPS for various reasons. Demonstrate that we appreciate their business and will fulfill their business requirements.
3. Regularly close new business for the company: call-ins, prospecting, etc.
4. Effectively use CRM software to accomplish these responsibilities.
5. Gain the personal trust and professional confidence of Valley Pacific stakeholder: shareholders, co-workers, customers, vendors, and the community.
6. Smoothly transfer accounts back-and-forth with field sales as determined by VPPS management and/or requests by customers.
To Do This, The Inside Salesperson Must …
· Selling Skills: Confidently be able to sell any product or service VPPS has to offer to any customer (from shop-floor to executive suite); use bold communication skills with tact and good humor.
· Product Knowledge: Become an expert in the characteristics and uses of the various products we sell: quality fuels and lubricants.
· CRM Expert: Use CRM software to be efficient in managing large customer list
· Self-Motivation: Be energetic, focused and highly self-motivated; requires little supervision or follow-up (including a nearly-perfect attendance record.)
· Inter-Departmental Communications: Be able to smoothly and diplomatically coordinate personal selling efforts with accounting and distribution personnel. Openly communicate in a respectful & positive manner, while maintaining reasonable expectations.
· Suggestions: Be observant of changing customer expectations within the competitive environment; make suggestions as to how VPPS can adapt.
· Regulatory Knowledge: Develop a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment (how does it affect VPPS and its customers?)
· Reporting: Keep records that demonstrate “wins” (revitalized accounts, share-of-wallet, etc.)
· Billing Documentation: Submit complete credit packages and assist in obtaining all necessary documentation for billing, including exemption certificates, tax forms, special pricing forms, etc.
· Special Assignments: Accept special assignments as requested by company management.
· Further Training: As-assigned, complete lubricants training courses. Also, find regular time to study and train with Inside Sales manuals, books, courses, etc.
· Online Presence: Present yourself in a professional manner with your online presence via email, LinkedIn, Chat on Valley Pacific website, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
VPPS has hundreds of thousands of gallons of bulk lubricant storage: nearly all Chevron-branded. We operate service stations with convenience stores and supply over 100 Chevron, Texaco, "76", Valero, Spirit and Patriot branded dealers. We're also a member of the CFN cardlock network, operating over 30 cardlock fueling sites.
We've identified five distinct groups of stakeholders who depend on Valley Pacific. Satisfying them drives our governing values:
Shareholders: "Earn a fair profit."
Employees: "Work hard, work smart, be safe & have fun."
Customers: "Safe, clean, dependable, friendly; No Surprises/No Disappointments."
Vendors: "Expect the best."
Community: "Obey the law & be a good neighbor.