- Posted: over a month ago
Valley Medical and Wellness is looking for a Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities 80%:
- Rooming patients for providers by performing intake, gathering vitals, verifying medical records, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Records patient information such as vital signs, weight, and changes in medical history.
- Perform clerical work such as requesting prior authorizations, reviewing medical records, and various phone calls.
- Prep exam rooms for clinical procedures and assisting practitioners with patient care
- Collecting urine specimen and performing rapid urine drug screening for each patient.
- Performs phlebotomy through venipuncture and processes all blood collection specimens.
- Label all samples according to outline procedures and policies.
- Maintains confidentiality when interacting with patients, families, personnel and the public
- Maintains positive public relations image with peers, patients and visitors by presenting a positive, helpful attitude
- Administer or handle medications
- Answers telephone calls, identifying self and clinic/practice with proper patient triage
- Scribe as necessary
- Ability to work on a holiday as part of a rotation and float to other VMW locations as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous patient care experience.
- Medical Terminology
- Utilizes photocopy and facsimile machine
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or a related is preferred
- Phlebotomy certification highly preferred or previous blood draw experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment to maintain testing quality and efficiency.
HealthcareView all jobs at Valley Medical