Valley Lakes Assisted Living Valley, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Prepare food daily, as outlined on the weekly menu plan.
- Monitor or portion control to meet residents’ requests and meet basic nutritional requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in serving food.
- Ensure attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving.
- Train, supervise and assign work to Dining Servers.
- Assist with menu planning. Review and adjust menus with supervisor to accommodate foods in season, vendor sale prices, special events and holidays.
- Identify food and supplies needed for the next week’s menus and report to the supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
- Ensure proper handling, labeling and storage of food for infection control.
- Prepare meats for storage and portion control upon delivery. Ensure proper storage of all delivered foods and ingredients.
- Maintain a written inventory of dry goods, refrigerated and frozen foods, non-food supplies, dishes and utensils.
- Notify manager of malfunctioning equipment or appliances.
- Ensure compliance with all state, local, and federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
- Pay Advance Program
- Built-in Social Time
- Team Member Awards
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance including Dental and Vision
- Basic Term Life/AD&D
- Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care
- Two (2) years experience as a short order cook or commercial cooking cooking with large groups, preferred
- High school diploma or GED, required
- Supervisory experience, preferred
- Demonstrated experience planning, working and preparing food daily, from the weekly menu plan
- Strong organizational skills
- Capable of reading, speaking, and understanding the English language
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted
Valley Lakes Assisted Living
FoodView all jobs at Valley Lakes Assisted Living