Member Services Representative (Teller)
Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union Lahaina, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for members in person, via phone, and through the mail, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks, and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs a broad variety of member services functions such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificates, assisting members with bookkeeping and checking account problems. Answers members’ questions regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance duties. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services. Performs specific assigned side-jobs including various clerical and receptionist functions and assists other Member Service Representatives with duties as required. Serves members promptly and professionally.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of teller functions.
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Receives share deposits and loan payments.
- Processes cash advances, travelers’ checks, cashiers’ checks, money orders, bank-to-bank wires.
- Disburses cash or check share withdrawals.
- Processes transfers.
- Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
- Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performances of member service functions.
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts. Orders checks for members’ accounts. Completes payroll deduction and authorization forms.
- Answers questions and solves problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party.
- Resolves member bookkeeping and checking account problems. Takes stop payment orders.
- Receives and directs members and telephone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions in possible or directs them as necessary. Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Keeps members informed of Credit Union services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Assists co-workers as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings as required.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
5. Comply with all State and Federal Regulations, the credit union’s approved policies and procedures as they relate to your job function, including Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA") Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and participates in all required training. Responsible for reporting any customer suspected of suspicious activity immediately to the BSA Officer.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Teller and Member Service Representative operations and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union operations
Experience Required: Prior work experience with a financial institution preferred but not required. Abilities generally acquired on the job in 12 months.
Skills/Abilities: Good communication skills. Professional appearance, dress and attitude. Good math skills. Ability to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone. Good typing skills.
Physical Activities and Requirement of this Position
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. or force occasionally.
None: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant environmental conditions.
Requirements of this Position
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percentages.
Language Ability: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5 – 6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling and pronunciation.
Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and use adjective and adverbs.
Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $2,544.00 - $2,844.00 per month
Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union
40 Kupuohi St. #102Lahaina, HI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union