This posting is for the New Directions for Families Center which is a residential substance abuse treatment program for women and their dependent children up to 12 years old and/or for pregnant women. **This is a women's only therapeutic environment.**
Imagine all Americans enjoying life free from the ravages of addiction. At Valley Hope, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it impactful? Absolutely. We partner with our patients and families to co-create a better future. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion, and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way.
New Directions is currently looking for a Night Shift Behavioral Healthcare Technician for our Women's and Children's residential substance abuse treatment center. Valley Hope offers meaningful and compassionate focused work as well as competitive benefits and pay with shift differential.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
- Works under the supervision and direction of the Program Director.
- Conducts admission assessment for potential patients.
- Gathers history on patients entering Valley Hope’s treatment program as directed by supervising clinical staff.
- Identifies patient risk factors such as suicide and violence.
- Meets with patients in both individual and group sessions as designated by onsite supervisor.
- Monitors the residential milieu for safety; interacts with patients and children as appropriate.
- May participate in safe medication monitoring procedures.
- Plans and assists with the implementation of continuing care for assigned patients.
- Facilitates educational sessions as well as patient group activities.
- Identifies needed recovery resources for housing, childcare, education, vocational development, mental health, community support groups and medical care; provides assistance to patients in accessing those resources.
- Provides education regarding substance use disorders, mental illness and prevention to patients, family members, and significant others.
- Works with all relevant and interested external parties including family members, agencies, managed care organizations, and insurance companies.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes all clinical documentation including discharge materials in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates with onsite supervisor about daily job duties and supervisory direction provided.
- Communicates with clinical supervisors, clinical staff, and medical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
- Logs all supervision as per state requirements.
- Adheres to Valley Hope’s clinical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
- Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
- Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable counseling procedures substance abuse treatment and trauma informed care in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
- Completes any required continuing education credits.
- Maintains current state license/certification.
- Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, human services or social work.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) certification within 3 months of hire.
- Certified Addiction Counselor at a Level II or higher.
- One (1) plus years of work experience in substance abuse counseling industry.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate items and issues with others.
- Ability to speak effectively with others including patients, co-workers, and vendors.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations within self, including managing conflict in a professional manner.
- Well-developed and proven organizational skills with the ability to manage one’s time, prioritize activities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond with flexibility to changing needs and/or schedules.
- Seeks out and is open to guidance and feedback from others regarding best practices.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Residential and/or outpatient treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
- Direct contact with patients.
- Sitting for extended periods of time; regularly talking to and listening to others.
- Traditional work hours with the need to work evenings, nights, or weekends based on the need of the facility to provide patient care; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
- Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
- Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
Direct Report to: Program Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER #ZR
Valley Hope OpportunitiesOur Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.