Registered Nurse (RN)
Valley Hope Opportunities Chandler, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact by helping to conquer addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley hope of Chandler is hiring a Full-Time RN to join our team and our mission of changing lives. Valley Hope offers competitive wages including shift differential, benefits, and meaningful, life-saving work.
Weekend Evening: $3.50
Weekend Night: $5.50
Weekend Day: $1.00
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Executes prescribed treatments and medication interventions as established for each patient.
2. Implements nursing care in accordance with Valley Hope’s medical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
3. Administers drugs, medications, treatments, and tests as allowed by law.
4. Conducts detox admissions and provides patient care during patient detoxification process including pre-screening of patients, obtaining physical assessment data and health history, administering detox treatment plans, and monitoring of patient.
5. Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
7. Follows established policies and procedures for all medical emergencies (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.).
8. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
9. Adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
10. Oversees non-licensed nursing staff as instructed by and under the direction of the facility Nursing Director.
11. Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable medical procedures and nursing care based in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
12. Adheres to Valley Hope’s philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
13. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
14. Completes any required continuing education credits.
15. Maintains current state license/certification.
16. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
• Associate’s degree in nursing.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in the state of employment.
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
• One (1) year of clinical nursing care work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
• Three (3) plus years of clinical nursing care work experience.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
• Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN).
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Ability to make sound and timely decision, to consistently delivery on commitments, and assume responsibility for results.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
• Ability to think analytically and apply critical thinking skills to issues.
• Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
• Self-directed and motivated, demonstrated attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and take direction.
• Ability to follow and adhere to standard policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations within self, including managing conflict situations in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Word.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
• Direct contact with patients.
• Able to work non-typical hours with the need to work evenings, nights, or weekends based on the need of the facility to provide patient care; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
• Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
• Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist an adult weighing 100-250 pounds.
Valley Hope Opportunities
Our Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.