Imagine all Americans enjoying life free from the ravages of addiction. At Valley Hope, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it impactful? Absolutely. We partner with our patients and families to co-create a better future. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time?
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of the Registered Nurse opportunity, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Registered Nurse executes prescribed treatments and medication interventions as established for each patient.
- Implements nursing care in accordance with Valley Hope’s medical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
- Registered Nurse administers drugs, medications, treatments, and tests as allowed by law.
- Conducts detox admissions and provides patient care during patient detoxification process including pre-screening of patients, obtaining physical assessment data and health history, administering detox treatment plans, and monitoring of patient.
- Registered Nurse records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
- Registered Nurse follows established policies and procedures for all medical emergencies (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.).
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
- Registered Nurse adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
- Oversees non-licensed nursing staff as instructed by and under the direction of the facility Nursing Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- Associate’s degree in nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in the state of employment.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- One (1) year of clinical nursing care work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Three (3) plus years of clinical nursing care work experience.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN).
Job Type: PRN
Salary: $20.88 - $27.66 Hourly
Salary commensurate with license and experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER #ZR
Valley Hope Opportunities