Imagine all Americans enjoying life free from the ravages of addiction. At Valley Hope, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it impactful? Absolutely. We partner with our patients and families to co-create a better future. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time?
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of the Patient Care Aide but is not an exhaustive list.
- Assists nursing staff in providing care for patients in accordance with identified treatment plans.
- Measures vital signs patients and monitors the health of patients.
- Assists patients with everyday needs.
- Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides support to nursing staff as needed for medical emergencies (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.).
- Adheres to Valley Hope’s medical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- High school diploma.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Six (6) months of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care.
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis in nursing preferred.
- One (1) year of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care.
- Work experience in substance abuse treatment facility.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Patient Care Technician Certification (PCTC).
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $9:59 – 12.47 Hourly
Salary commensurate with license and experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER #ZR
Valley Hope OpportunitiesOur Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.