Part-Time Patient Care Aide
Valley Hope Opportunities Moundridge, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley Hope of Moundridge is hiring a part-time Patient Care Aide to join our team and our mission of changing lives.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of the Patient Care Aide, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Assists nursing staff in providing care for patients in accordance with identified treatment plans.
2. Measures vital signs patients and monitors the health of patients.
3. Assists patients with everyday needs.
4. Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
5. Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Provides support to nursing staff as needed for medical emergencies (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.).
7. Adheres to Valley Hope’s medical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
8. Transports patients as needed.
9. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
10. Adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
11. Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable medical procedures and nursing care based on company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
12. Adheres to Valley Hope’s philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
13. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
14. Obtains (within first six months of employment) and maintains Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
15. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
• Valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
• Six (6) months of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care.
• Associate’s degree with an emphasis in nursing preferred.
• One (1) year of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care.
• Work experience in substance abuse treatment facility.
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
• Patient Care Technician Certification (PCTC).
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
• Ability to think analytically and apply critical thinking skills to issues.
• Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and take direction.
• Ability to follow and adhere to standard policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations within self, including managing conflict situations in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Word.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
• Direct contact with patients.
• Able to work non-typical hours with the need to work evenings, nights, or weekends based on the need of the facility to provide patient care; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
• Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
• Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist an adult weighing 100-250 pounds.
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER #ZR
Valley Hope Opportunities
Our Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.