Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact by helping to conquer addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley hope of Chandler is hiring a Full-Time Nursing Director to join our team and our mission of changing lives. Valley Hope offers competitive wages, benefits, and meaningful, life-saving work.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Oversees and manages the medical nursing services for the residential treatment facility including 24-hour professional nursing services, medical case management, inpatient medical care treatment, and nursing orientation and training.
2. Manages medical nursing staffing and ensures appropriate nursing staff continues to be maintained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a particular focus on the evening shift.
3. Coordinates day-to-day supervision of the nursing staff to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with Valley Hope’s operating policies, procedures, and standards.
4. Directly supervises the Assistant Nursing Director and all nursing staff. Provides routine performance feedback, ongoing leadership, and mentoring in support of staff development.
5. Ensures proper and adequate treatment provided during emergencies by nursing staff and that established policies and procedures for all medical emergencies are consistently followed (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.).
6. Participates in facility performance improvement activities and leads efforts specific to medical nursing services and improving nursing care quality. Collaborates with facility management staff to identify and implement improvement activities across the facility.
7. Oversees and manages the security, control, and administration of drugs, medications, treatments, and tests as allowed by law.
8. Maintains appropriate standards of patient confidentiality; ensures nursing staff adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
9. Oversees and manages all medical nursing tasks and activities required to maintain compliance with Joint Commission as well as any other regulatory bodies.
10. Leads effort to build the skills and competencies of the nursing staff as needed to meet minimum requirements as specified by customary standards of nursing practice, external accrediting agency guidelines, and internal organizational guidelines.
11. Ensures effective communications between the medical department and all other clinical and support-service department.
12. Participates in the annual budgeting process including development of the facility’s medical nursing services budget; partners with the Program Director and Business Manager throughout the process to ensure budget meets the facility’s medical nursing operational needs.
13. Manages the facility’s medical nursing services annual budget to ensure financial goals are being achieved and budget met. Communicates areas of concern and issues to Program Director and/or Business Manager as appropriate.
14. Acts as the facility Safety Officer and is responsible for the coordination, development, implementation, and monitoring of plans for safety management activities; this includes security management, hazardous materials and waste management, emergency preparedness, life safety management, medical equipment management, utility systems management, space allocation management, and infection control programs.
15. Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of nursing procedures and substance abuse treatments in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
16. Maintains a current working knowledge of trends within substance abuse treatment industry and with State and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
17. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
18. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in the state of employment.
• Six (6) plus years of clinical nursing care work experience.
• Six (6) plus years of progressive work and relevant industry experience including three (3) plus years of charge-nurse experience.
• Four (4) plus years of supervisory and/or management experience.
• Work experience with healthcare accreditation with preference within the substance abuse treatment industry.
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
• Eight (8) plus years of clinical nursing care work experience.
• Eight (8) plus years of progressive work and relevant industry experience including three (3) plus years of charge-nurse experience.
• Six (6) plus years of supervisory and/or management experience.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
• Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN).
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively with peers, employees, leadership, and patients.
• Ability to make sound and timely decision, to consistently delivery on commitments, and assume responsibility for results.
• Ability to think analytically and apply critical thinking skills to issues.
• Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines
• Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to work calmly, stay organized, and be effective under pressure; able to maintain a professional manner, especially when dealing with difficult situations
• Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
• Direct contact with patients.
• Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
• Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist an adult weighing 100-250 pounds.
Minimum $73,536 Midpoint 95,229 Max $116,922
Valley Hope OpportunitiesOur Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.