Imagine all Americans enjoying life free from the ravages of addiction. At Valley Hope, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it impactful? Absolutely. We partner with our patients and families to co-create a better future. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time?
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of the Counselor I but is not an exhaustive list.
- Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members to assist them in recognizing problems and causal factors related to substance abuse and developing alternative/coping behaviors.
- Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans in cooperation with patients to assist them in remaining substance-free and coming with social, marital, legal, financial, and/or employment problems.
- Performs assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
- Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop and implement treatment plans.
- Establishes follow-up care for patients by making and setting up referrals such as psychological or medical services, support groups counseling, sober living housing, and/or vocational training as needed.
- Develops patient progress reports and evaluations according to Valley Hope policy and program requirements.
- Provides clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
- Collects and reviews referral information upon assignment of patients and consults with others as needed to support coordination of services.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: minimum amounts of education or experience required to qualify for the job.
- License or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working.
- One (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
Preferred: desired qualifications of a candidate for the job
- Three (3) plus years of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
- Successful completion of Valley Hope Counselor Trainee Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, education or social work.
- CPR certification.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary commensurate with license and experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER #ZR
Valley Hope OpportunitiesOur Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.