Imagine all Americans enjoying life free from the ravages of addiction. At Valley Hope, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it impactful? Absolutely. We partner with our patients and families to co-create a better future. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time?
JOB DESCRIPTION: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of the Master-Level Counselor ll opportunity but is not an exhaustive list.
- Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members.
- Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans.
- Performs face to face assessments.
- Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to include participating in weekly staff meetings, any staff development, and training as required.
- Establishes follow-up care for patients and their families as needed.
- Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
- Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable counseling procedures and substance abuse treatment in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
- Completes any required continuing education credits.
- Maintains current state license/certification.
- Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree
- One (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
- License or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary commensurate with license and experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER#ZR