Valley Hope’s Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.
BE A PART OF A COMMITTED, COLLECTIVE TEAM WITH A PASSION FOR EXCEPTIONAL PATIENT CARE
•Supportive and caring environment.
•Strong benefits package (Health, Vision, Dental, Paid Holidays, PTO, 401K and more).
•Continuing education opportunities (CEU’s).
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members to assist them in recognizing problems and causal factors related to substance abuse and developing alternative/coping behaviors.
2. Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans in cooperation with patients to assist them in remaining substance-free and coming with social, marital, legal, financial, and/or employment problems.
3. Performs assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance
abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
4. Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop and implement treatment plans.
5. Establishes follow-up care for patients by making and setting up referrals such as psychological or medical services, support groups counseling, sober living housing, and/or vocational training as needed.
6. Develops patient progress reports and evaluations according to Valley Hope policy and program
7. Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help
support patients in their recovery.
8. Collects and reviews referral information upon assignment of patients and consults with others
as needed to support coordination of services.
9. Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely;
completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
10. Communicates with clinical supervisors, clinical staff, and medical staff regarding patients’
treatment and status.
11. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
12. Intervenes as advocate for patients in order to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations,
and be appropriately available when scheduled for “On-Call” duties.
13. Coordinates activities with courts, probation officers, EAP’s, community services, and other post- treatment agencies.
14. Acts as a liaison between patient and medical staff.
15. Follows progress of discharges patients in order to determine effectiveness of treatments.
16. Adheres to Valley Hope’s clinical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other
regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
17. Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable counseling procedures and substance abuse treatment in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
18. Completes any required continuing education credits.
19. Maintains current state license/certification.
20. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: minimum amounts of education or experience required to qualify for the job.
• Master’s degree in behavioral sciences, education or social work.
• License or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which
the Counselor is working.
• CPR/First Aid Certification
• One (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work
Preferred: desired qualifications of a candidate for the job
• Three (3) plus years of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position,
but is not an exhaustive list.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate
• Ability to make sound and timely decision, to consistently delivery on commitments, and assume
responsibility for results.
• Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines
• Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify
approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy while working in a fast-paced
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Able to work in a team environment and take direction.
• Ability to think analytically and apply critical thinking skills to issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations within self, including managing conflict
situations in a professional manner.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the
position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Residential and/or outpatient treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
• Sitting for extended periods of time; regularly talking to and listening to others.
• Direct contact with patients.
• Traditional work hours with the need to work evenings, nights, or weekends based on the need
of the facility to provide patient care.
• Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
For additional information please visit Valleyhope.org/careers or contact Tanya - Talent Acquisition Coordinator at 785.877.5111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley Hope Association is committed to providing qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or employee requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER