Counselor I - Part Time
Valley Hope Opportunities Ralston, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PART-TIME SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR I: PLADC or LADC
*** This position will have regular hours of 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Mon- Fri)
Omaha Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor to join our dedicated and passionate team!
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
- Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members.
- Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans.
- Performs assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
- Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to include participating in weekly staff meetings, any staff development, and training as required.
- Develops patient progress reports and establishes follow-up care for patients and their families as needed.
- Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
- Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable counseling procedures and substance abuse treatment in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
- Collects and reviews referral information upon assignment of patients and consults with others as needed to support coordination of services.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely;
- Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, education, or social work is preferred
- Licensed or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working.
- Minimum of one (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
- CPR certification is preferred
- Outpatient treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
- Direct contact with patients.
- Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
- Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist an adult weighing 100-250 pounds.
Valley Hope Opportunities
Our Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.