Accounts Payable Specialist I
Valley Hope Opportunities Norton, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley Hope is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist I. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in Request for Payment (RFP) software, check payment processing, reconcile facility bank, credit card, and purchase statements as directed. Be open to learning oversight processes of 1099s ensuring data is correct, assisting accounting manager with accounting entries to complete timely closing processes and learn to be part of accounts payable leadership to assist with distribution of tasks and providing guidance.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Creates/enters, reviews, and corrects requests for purchases (RFPs) in software system/s for service providers, doctors, clinicians, and labs.
- Assists Accounts Payable Specialists II with review and correction of vendor information and payment processing for VHA, VHF, and VHS companies and ensures data meets 1099 requirements.
- Assist Accounts Payable Specialists II with processing of weekly check payments, or as needed.
- Enters and updates fixed asset information including inputting costs and depreciation into asset management software.
- Reconciles facility bank statements, credit card statements, and purchases as directed by the Accounts Payable Specialists II.
- Completes all required Federal and State sales tax returns and payments for all VHA locations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in accounts payable or general accounting.
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis in business, finance or accounting.
- 2+ years of work experience in accounting.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F, 8 am–5 pm. No weekends, No on-call.
Salary: Commensurate with educations & experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER #ZR
Valley Hope Opportunities
Our Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.