Since 1973, Valley Forge Medical Center and Hospital has provided comprehensive treatment to adults with substance abuse and associated physical, social, and psychological disorders. Our 86-bed facility is located in Norristown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania on a spacious, serene, wooded campus.
We have an immediate need for a full-time Social Worker.
Under direction of the Director of Social Services, plan, organize and implement Social Work services, as noted below, by maintaining contact with referring agencies, community resources and other relevant contacts, to include coverage of the department in absence of the director. Assure compliance with all hospital policies and procedures and regulatory and accreditation requirements including confidentiality.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide appropriate contact, resource and referral information for all clients to include, but not limited to, information related to discharge planning, emergency placements, medical issues, domestic violence, pregnancy, legal issues and transportation.
- Assist with coordination of external supports to include, but not limited to, external case managers, Certified Recovery Specialists, peer specialists and sponsors.
- Assist with insurance/funding issues to include, but not limited to, benefit termination, county funding and disability eligibility.
- Assist with medication issues, as necessary.
- Provide counseling support services, as necessary.
- Create, revise and conduct psycho-educational sessions, as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation, records and reports in compliance with all hospital regulations.
- Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a medical social work setting with mental health or addictions emphasis.
Valley Forge Medical Center is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. (EEO)
Valley Forge Medical Center is a smoke free environment.