Since 1973, Valley Forge Medical Center and Hospital has provided comprehensive treatment to adults with substance abuse and associated physical, social, and psychological disorders. Our 86-bed facility is located in Norristown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania on a spacious, serene, wooded campus.
Counselor duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct individual, group and family therapy.
- Prepare and maintain required case notes and records.
- Complete social histories as required.
- Develop individualized treatment plans and reassessments in concert with other treatment team members.
- Assist in developing aftercare plans including post-discharge referrals.
- Enter accurately clinical data into the various in-house and on-line health information systems and databases.
- Communicate pertinent client information to other staff/departments as necessary.
- Manage patient cases by coordinating with external sources including PO’s, ICM’s and other appropriate agencies.
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Conduct educational sessions.
- Work with referring agency, company or outreach worker and U.R. department to provide continuity of quality care.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Education: Bachelor's degree with emphasis in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling or nursing (with a clinical specialty in human services) plus minimum of one year clinical experience in a health or human service agency;
Master's degree with emphasis in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling or nursing (with a clinical specialty in human services) should include a practicum in a health or human service agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting OR a CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) OR a CAADC (Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor), as offered by the Pennsylvania Certification Board.
Minimum of one year experience required; Counseling experience within addiction field preferred; MUST meet state regulations regarding degree, education and one year counseling experience as indicated above.
Valley Forge Medical Center is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity.
Valley Forge Medical Center and Hospital is a smoke-free campus.