Therapist School Based - Kent School District
Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $29 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The school based team is seeking a clinician to join our diverse and fun team to work with children, youth, and families in school districts in South King County. The clinician will provide clinical and case management mental health services by utilizing evidence based practices and brief interventions. This position requires the ability to be flexible to school and program scheduling needs and a passion for serving youth 5-19.
Essential Job Functions (This is not the job description in its entirety):
- Provide direct clinical mental health services to clients including intake assessment, individual, family, brief interventions, group psychotherapy and case management services
- Timely completion of paperwork including intakes, treatment plans, review updates, and progress notes as required by the WAC, Medicaid, Medicare and other contracts
- Provides crisis management services
- Provides services in the schools primarily, outreach to the community and homes, and in the clinic
- Participate in collaborative meetings such as case consult, IEP meetings, and Wraparound inside schools, hospital settings, and homes.
- Additional duties as assigned
- MA/MS degree in the Behavioral Sciences Field
- Registration with the State of Washington and eligible for Licensure, if not already Licensed LMFT(A), LMHC(A), LICSW(A)
- Experience providing services in a school setting and working with children and families
- In depth knowledge of human growth and development, individual and group behavior, emotion dysfunction including sexual, physical and emotional abuse, and principles and techniques for intervention including diagnostic, clinical, case management, and other necessary therapeutic skills
- Pass required background check
- Bilingual applicants and applicants with experience working with LGBTQ+ youth strongly encouraged to apply!
Work is performed inside and outside in varying temperatures. Employee may occasionally be required to push or lift to 25 pounds. May be exposed to office supply odors or vapors. Employee is sitting, most of the time. Employee is also required to stand, walk, type, bend, write, read, interpret and explain complex issues and speak on the telephone.
As a health care entity, the COVID 19 vaccination is required. New hire must provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care
Valley Cities is a community behavioral health center established by the people of South King County in 1965. Today, we operate comprehensive outpatient clinics in Auburn, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Meridian (Northgate), Midway (Des Moines), Rainier Beach, and Renton.
610 W MeekerSeattle, WA