The Residential Specialist will function as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team dedicated to providing recovery-oriented, person-centered care at Recovery Place Seattle Inpatient Services. The Residential Specialist responsibilities include ensuring property and resident safety, collaborating with program staff to reinforce behavior expectations and support resident goals. This position requires overnight hours during the weekdays and weekends and includes shift differential hours.
Essential Job Functions
The employee must have the ability to:
· Work with a variety of individuals in a residential treatment facility.
· Demonstrate effective engagement skills with individuals who have experienced trauma, homelessness, and related challenges.
· Shuttle clients to and from appointments within the downtown Seattle area.
· Assist with facility safety and cleanliness. Communicate with facilities and safety staff as needed.
· Keep records and provide Residential Inpatient staff with essential information pertinent to the safety of residents and building operations.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· High School diploma, Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Preference given to qualified chemical dependency professional or peer mentor in training.
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License--No special license required.
· No moving violations in the last 3 years.
· Pass required background checks.
· Understanding of and familiarity with addiction, withdrawal, and treatment resources for recovery.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of professionals and a diverse client population.
· Experience working in a medical or residential setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiarity with issues related to homelessness and substance use.
· Ability to maintain strong professional boundaries.
· Understanding of Trauma-Informed Care principles and service provision.
· Pass required background checks
· Must have a valid Washington state driver’s license and reliable transportation with current insurance
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status