Nurse Manager - Recovery Place Seattle
The Nurse Manager has 24-hour responsible for ensuring safe, efficient, and quality patient care is delivered. In meeting this responsibility, the Nurse Manager assists in the selection of unit nursing staff, supervises unit staff, and plans and implements unit programs and workflows to meet specific patient care needs. The Nurse Manager provides leadership to promote professional nursing practice within the facility through mentoring, participation in the decision-making process, support and development of policies and programs, and as a representative of unit nursing staff.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Ensure compliance with state, local, federal regulations within area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with scheduler so that schedules with nursing staff ensure adequate staffing for safe care of all admitted clients.
- Assign, direct, supervise and evaluate nursing staff in development and delivery of patient care and positively motivate staff in execution of duties.
- Develop and provide staff training on nursing and clinical issues as indicated or assigned.
- Participate in direct nursing activities as needed.
- Current WA RN license
- BS in Nursing required; Master’s degree in nursing, healthcare, business or related field desirable
- Certification by the American Board of Psychiatric Nursing desirable
- BLS certified
- Pass required background checks
- 1 year of nursing experience in a supervisory role
- 4 years of nursing experience (psychiatric nursing for detox preferred)
- Familiarity with WAC requirements, Joint Commission standards, and professional standards of mental health and substance use disorder treatment
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: FAX 253-661-8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.