Inpatient Registered Nurse
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40 to $55 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
SIGNING BONUS $5000
Inpatient Psychiatric Nurses care for clients living with mental illness and/or substance use disorders which have led to the need for acute treatment by means of involuntary hospitalization. Psychiatric nurses are responsible for the direct care of clients located in either/or the Evaluation and Treatment or the Secure Withdrawal Management unit of Recovery Place Kent. Registered nurses will work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of medical and clinical professionals to administer safe and therapeutic treatment to clients. This position supports a recovery-oriented, person-centered treatment experience through the provision of safe and therapeutic nursing services to clients by means of assessment, diagnosis, care planning, and treatment. Milieu management and crisis de-escalation are also integral components of this nursing role.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Primary accountability for a patient care, including ongoing assessment, medication management, withdrawal, and ancillary medical needs (i.e. wound care, ostomy care, etc.) as per protocol
- Assess patients’ medical status and refers as necessary
- Prioritize RN and LPN responsibilities independently, or with supervision, based on patient care needs, unit milieu, and number/discipline of assigned staff available to provide care
- Administer and perform prescribed treatments and medical interventions, including transcribing and administering routine and prescribed medications in accordance with procedures established by medical staff and nursing leadership
- Complete medical treatments and other tasks within the scope of licensed practical nurses and the program services and procedures (i.e. phlebotomy, immunizations, EKGs, TB testing, wound care, ostomy care, etc.)
- Conduct facility admissions, obtain physical health data, complete health history screens (to include HIV, TB, etc.) and complete necessary documentation
- Inventory and care for patients’ personal possessions
- Complete ROI’s and coordinate care with external agencies and/or facilities as per policy and regulations
- Complete patient transfer processes to include sending appropriate medical documentation to other units/facilities, informing the patient of transfer, coordinating with clinical staff, and completing appropriate transfer forms
- Washington State License as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certified
- CPI Certification required within 6 months of hire (training provided by Valley Cities)
- One or more years experience in psychiatric nursing required
- One year experience in an acute care setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work with respect and tolerance in a multidisciplinary setting
- Psychological Resilience; ability to tolerate the daily stress of an acute psychiatric care setting
- Able to interact with patients with sensitivity, tact and respect while setting firm limits and boundaries when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Knowledge of theories of human behavior, personality development, and etiologies of psychiatric and substance use disorders
As a health care entity, the COVID 19 vaccination is required. New hire must provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 11 paid holidays.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care
505 Washington Ave SKent, WA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?