Inpatient Psychiatric Provider – ARNP – Recovery Place Kent
The Inpatient Psychiatric Provider is an essential member of a multidisciplinary team caring for individuals admitted to involuntary psychiatric or withdrawal management services. The position is responsible for initial, consultation and ongoing psychiatric evaluations, medical management of psychiatric illnesses and substance withdrawal as appropriate, and participation in the ITA (Involuntary Treatment Act) legal process as needed.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
· Provide initial psychiatric evaluations to clients admitted to involuntary psychiatric services within state-mandated time frame.
· Formulate and document diagnostic assessments of admitted clients.
· Contribute medical/pharmacologic elements to clients’ individualized treatment plans/ participate in multidisciplinary treatment planning.
· Provide and document ongoing psychiatric evaluations throughout episodes of inpatient treatment.
· Provide medical/ pharmacologic management of clients’ psychiatric conditions and substance withdrawal, as indicated and appropriate.
· ARNP licensed to practice in Washington State
· Graduation from an accredited school or program
· Certification by American Board of Psychiatric Nursing
· Familiarity with best practices in substance use disorder treatment including withdrawal management, Medication Assisted Treatment for OUD and harm reduction
· Thorough knowledge of general psychiatry
· Understanding of Washington State Involuntary Treatment Act procedures
· Pass required background checks.
· Ability to work independently including making acute treatment and referral decisions
· Ability to function as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Competence with electronic health record documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High integrity/ethical standards
· Ability to establish positive, respectful and collaborative professional relationships
· Strong work ethic
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: email@example.com, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.