The position includes direct supervision of outpatient Certified Medical Assistants and agency-wide Infection Control education, policy work, and surveillance to ensure Valley Cities’ alignment with regulatory requirements. The Outpatient Nurse Manager/Infection Control position floats between outpatient clinics to provide direct client care and coordination of care with medical assistant and provider staff. In addition, this RN provides training agency-wide for Infection Control best practices, New Employee Orientation TB testing, Influenza vaccination tracking, and monitoring of the remote refrigerator monitoring system and Infection Control ticketing system.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct supervision of outpatient Certified Medical Assistants.
- Provide point of care, clinical competency testing, and performance evaluation for outpatient Medical Assistant staff.
- Provides back-up direct care coverage for clients across outpatient sites.
- Provide initial and ongoing Infection Control training to Valley Cities staff.
- Maintains record of staff initial TB testing and ongoing influenza vaccination compliance.
- Maintains use of universal precautions and maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned area.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations, scope of practice guidelines, and related compliance standards.
- Attend Safety Committee and other team meetings, in-service events, and educational programs.
- Provides education and leadership to staff to enhance specialized patient care within established clinical protocols.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, unit management, and operations and program management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Consults with and serves as a clinical resource for unit management to ensure quality patient care.
- In conjunction with the HR department, coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
- Performs quarterly Infection Control site surveys at each Valley Cities location.
- Prepares, evaluates, and amends Quarterly and Annual Infection Control Reports and online All-Staff COVID-19 resource site.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Washington State license as a Registered Nurse
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers, CPR trainer certification or willingness to obtain
- Certification or willingness to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) train-the-trainer qualification
- Preferred two years’ work experience with persons with complex needs including mental illness, physical illness, chemical dependency, homelessness, low-income, refugee or immigrant status, limited English language ability, and minority status.
- Experience with supervision, education and communication within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with Infection Control practices and familiarity with regulatory requirements
- Experience conducting training in a group setting
- Access to transportation and ability to travel between various locations
- Pass required background checks
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Valley Cities Behavioral Health CareValley Cities is a community behavioral health center established by the people of South King County in 1965. Today, we operate comprehensive outpatient clinics in Auburn, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Meridian (Northgate), Midway (Des Moines), Rainier Beach, and Renton.