General Medical Provider – Physician (MD) Recovery Place Seattle & Kent **Travel Required
The General Medical Provider is an essential member of a multidisciplinary team caring for individuals admitted to 24-hour medically-supervised withdrawal management or involuntary inpatient psychiatric services. The position provides for required admission medical examinations, medical management of substance withdrawal, triage and management of acute and chronic medical concerns identified during the inpatient stay, and referrals to appropriate level of care as needed.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
· Provide initial medical assessments to clients admitted to inpatient withdrawal management or psychiatric care within state-mandated time frames.
· Provide short-term management of acute and chronic medical conditions as needed.
· Provide pharmacologic management of clients in withdrawal from alcohol, opioids and/or benzodiazepines according to established protocols/ best practices.
· Provide appropriate triage, assessment and treatment for acute medical conditions which may arise during an inpatient stay.
· Make decisions to transfer to most appropriate level of medical care, as necessary.
· Ensure that newly-admitted withdrawal management clients have appropriate detoxification orders in place.
· Provide medical/ clinical support to the nursing team as requested.
· Utilize and/or oversee medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorders, including naltrexone and buprenorphine when appropriate.
· M.D. or D.O.
· Graduation from an accredited school or program
· Licensed to practice under state WAC and RCW
· Board-certified or board-eligible
· Familiarity with fundamentals of psychiatric disorders
· Familiarity with best practices in substance use disorder treatment including detoxification protocols
· Familiarity with principles of harm reduction in substance use disorder treatment
· Current knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of common acute and chronic medical conditions
· Pass required background checks
· Valid drivers’ license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· High integrity/ethical standards
· Ability to establish positive, respectful and collaborative professional relationships
· Flexibility, team orientation
· Strong work ethic
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.