Food Service Worker - Recovery Place Seattle
2 positions available (30 hours and 40 hours)
The Food Service Worker will report to the Regional Program Manager for Recovery Place Seattle and will be responsible for basic kitchen operations to include simple snack preparations, heating and serving catered food from our food vendor, washing dishes, managing snack inventory, and basic kitchen maintenance to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Prepare, apportion, serve, and clean-up of daily catered meals to facility clients.
- Store and dispose of any uneaten food as per Department of Health guidelines
- Track, record and replenish all food and inventory as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of food service areas, to include countertops, appliances, tables, chairs, etc.
- Wash and restock dishes
- Ensures the maintenance of kitchen equipment daily and assists with record-keeping requirements as required by state and federal law and regulatory agencies.
Possess or be eligible to obtain the State of Washington Department of Health Food and Beverage Handlers Permit.
The ideal candidate will have one to two years of experience in the restaurant or food service industry.
Experience with safe food handling practices and general food preparation methods.
- Experience with the preparation and storage of food per Department of Health guidelines.
- Pass required background checks
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status