Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Housing programs. Contributes actively to ongoing pursuit of Agency strategies for housing development, working with Agency Leadership and Management as well as external entities in the areas of funding, contracting, and outcomes reporting. Operates within the parameters established by program goals, objectives, and budget. Assures quality clinical and contract performance through staff selection, development, supervision and adherence to current VCCC standards and practices. Supervises program staff. Collaborates with other community service providers, funders, housing development organizations, service partners, landlords and property managers, government entities and elected officials.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Provide leadership in supporting the mission and goals of VCCC and maintaining and expanding the quality of services.
- Coordinate day-to-day operation of programs; assures effective, smooth functioning schedule for teams; assures adequate service volume.
- Assure that Valley Cities housing programs operate in full accordance with the Principles of Recovery
- Assure that Valley Cities housing programs operate in full accordance with Landlord Tenant Laws, Fair Housing Laws and follow RCW rules regarding property management.
- Assure compliance with all relevant laws, administrative codes, and contract requirements as they pertain to the provision of housing and consumer services.
- Authorize and approve expenditures to assure timely payment of vouchers and invoices, doing so within established Agency procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- High level skills in communication and staff motivation
- At least seven years of experience in management, housing/homelessness, and clinical services
- At least three years of experience in program management, including budget and personnel responsibilities
- Familiarity with co-occurring disorders, concepts of harm reduction and rapid re-housing
- Pass required background checks.
- Thorough knowledge of WA Landlord - Tenant laws
- Familiarity with local funding and housing systems (i.e. Committee to End Homelessness in King County, Regional Support Network, United Way of King County, local Housing Authorities, et al).
- Experience in overseeing budgets and multiple programs
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: email@example.com, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.