This child-focused clinician role will work 4 days per week in a school within the Kent School District, and 1 day per week at our Valley Cities office location. Services provided in the school and clinic may include intake, individual counseling, group counseling, care coordination, case management, crisis planning, and referrals to outside resources as appropriate. Clinician will work collaboratively with school staff and other on-campus providers to ensure student’s success.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Provide treatment services to include individual counseling, case management, and group activities, which will be primarily provided in the school setting, as well as client homes, clinics, and other community locations.
- Demonstrate an ability to utilize evidence-based practices and best practices relevant to target populations, including DBT, TF-CBT, Play Therapy, and MI.
- Make use of outcome measures to assess client needs, track client progress, and make clinical decisions.
- Coordinate with school team members on goals related to student’s academic success, as well as participate in meetings related to youth’s involvement in other child-serving systems such as DCYF, Juvenile Justice, Truancy, Wraparound, etc.
- Partner with school team to ensure appropriate referrals are made and necessary documentation is completed for participation in school-based counseling program
Master’s Degree in behavioral science field
- Experience providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families.
- Experience working with populations exposed to trauma, chronic poverty, chronic health conditions, homelessness, and marginalization, and individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- Obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor registration within 1 week of hire
- Must be able to work in schools
- Pass required background checks.
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: email@example.com
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Valley Cities Behavioral Health CareValley Cities is a community behavioral health center established by the people of South King County in 1965. Today, we operate comprehensive outpatient clinics in Auburn, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Meridian (Northgate), Midway (Des Moines), Rainier Beach, and Renton.