The Medical Assistant’s primary job duties include processing online and faxed medication refill and medication prior authorization requests, answering the nursing support phone line, performing venipuncture as ordered by Valley Cities medical staff, administering injection medication as prescribed by Valley Cities medical staff, and other duties as needed in the support of Valley Cities medical staff.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Follow agency policy to process telephone, electronic, and faxed medication refill requests daily from pharmacies, providers, and clients.
- Process prior authorizations for client medications.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when handling client and outside provider needs who call the nurse line.
- Perform venipuncture and urine screens as ordered by Valley Cities medical staff.
- Handle and prepare specimens for processing by outside laboratory service.
- Document as appropriate in electronic health record.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations, scope of practice guidelines, and related compliance standards.
- Travel required to support clinics
- Must be Washington State Medical Assistant - Certified
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers
- Pass required background checks
- Preferred two years of work experience with persons with complex needs including mental illness, physical illness, chemical dependency, homelessness, low-income, refugee or immigrant status, limited English language ability, and minority status.
- Experience with accreditation, quality improvement, regulatory compliance, or contract regulation
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.