Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care Kent, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide CD assessments, individual, support groups, education groups, crisis services and relapse prevention. Provides treatment and case management services to clients who have a co-occurring disorder (mental health and chemical dependency diagnoses). Ensures a strong recovery, wellness, and hopeful environment for COD clients. Provides integrated care to meet the person’s individual needs. Assures quality treatment services are provided to clients that are in line with the program mission, goals, and objectives. Works with program managers to assure quality clinical service and contract performance through direct clinical work. Adherence to current Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation standards and practices.
Essential Job Functions:
The employee must have the ability to:
· Work with Managers to implement evidence-based COD practices.
· Perform appropriate assessment and referral of chemically abusing and dependent patients.
· Achieve 60% productivity (24 hours) billable services per full FTE
· Must provide the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of a chemical Dependency Professional and a Mental Health Professional
· Be comfortable with working in both the Chemical Dependency and Mental Health cost centers, and if applicable, hold both a CD and MH caseload.
· Be comfortable working with individuals who suffer from a chemical dependency and Mental illness.
· Be comfortable working with individuals who struggle with recovery and traditional treatment
· Ability to treat people as individuals and meet that individual where they are- Flexibility and creativity.
· Facilitate OP groups, in accordance with WAC’s and RCW’s
· Facilitate relapse prevention groups, and aftercare groups in accordance with WAC’s and RCW’s.
· Provide education focusing on the health effects of tobacco use, dangers of secondhand smoke.
· Empower clients to work on employment goals.
· Provide Urine analysis and Breath analysis.
· Embrace services with respect for cultural diversity
· Facilitate recovery planning with persons enrolled in CD/COD programming
· Empower people to find their road to recovery
· Work with a multi-disciplinary team providing leadership around chemical dependency including Tobacco education
· Provide strong communication and team partnering
· Provide family support and education regarding chemical dependency.
· Manage the paperwork of assigned caseload as determined by agency policy and standards
· Keep client records in compliance with WAC, Medicaid, Medicare, and other contracts.
· Participate in Quality Management process
· Practice and incorporate Quality Improvement principles in daily work activities.
· All progress notes documented within 24 hours.
· All Assessments completed within 3 days
· Learn and follow all related JCAHO, Federal, State, local and Agency requirements and established VCCC Policies and Procedures.
· Attend required in-service trainings and meetings.
· Strong understanding of TARGET, ASAM Dimensions, GAIN-SS, SASSI
· (If CDP) Mentor and educate CDPT’s on best practices in working with individuals who suffer from Chemical Dependency
· Respect and honor client’s rights and responsibilities
· Ability to work in a smoke free environment/campus
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Exhibit a p Supervise and educate the CDPT’s on best practices in working with individuals who suffer from Chemical Dependency
· Maintain a positive attitude
· BA/BS Degree in Behavioral Sciences Field
· CDP/T Certification through Washington DOH
· Current Driver’s License: If transporting people in personal vehicle.
· Current Automotive insurance: If transporting people in personal vehicle.
· Pass required WA State background checks
· Ability to transport people
· Ability to work independently
· Willing to work evenings
If recovering from alcohol/chemical dependency, the person must have been clean and sober for at least two years and be working a personal recovery program that is verifiable and documented at the time of hire.
Work is performed inside and outside in varying temperatures. Employee may occasionally be required to push or lift to 25 pounds. May be exposed to office supply odors or vapors. Employee is sitting, most of the time. Employee is also required to stand, walk, type, bend, write, read, interpret, and explain complex issues and speak on the telephone.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status
Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care
Valley Cities is a community behavioral health center established by the people of South King County in 1965. Today, we operate comprehensive outpatient clinics in Auburn, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Meridian (Northgate), Midway (Des Moines), Rainier Beach, and Renton.
8444 Rainier Ave SKent, WA