The Medical Assistant’s primary job duties assisting clients with the intake and medication self-administration processes at Valley Cities’ residential addiction treatment facility, Recovery Place Seattle. The MA will reconcile medications, enter information into the electronic health record, provide phone support, prior authorization requests, administer injection and oral medication as prescribed by Valley Cities medical staff, and other duties as needed in the support of Valley Cities staff.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Follow agency policy to process telephone, electronic, and faxed medication refill requests daily from pharmacies, providers, and clients.
- Assist with collection of Intake information and entry into the electronic health record.
- Process prior authorizations for client medications.
- Support clients in setting up medications for self-administration, verifying accuracy with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when handling client needs.
- Interact and participate in interdisciplinary staff meetings and day-to-day functioning of the Recovery Place Seattle team.
- Perform venipuncture and urine screens as ordered by Valley Cities medical staff.
- Handle and prepare specimens for processing by outside laboratory service.
- Document as appropriate in electronic health record.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations, scope of practice guidelines, and related compliance standards.
- Must be Washington State Medical Assistant - Certified
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers
- Pass required background checks
- Preferred two years of work experience with persons with complex needs including mental illness, physical illness, chemical dependency, homelessness, low-income, refugee or immigrant status, limited English language ability, and minority status.
- Experience with accreditation, quality improvement, regulatory compliance, or contract regulation
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: email@example.com, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Valley Cities Behavioral Health CareValley Cities is a community behavioral health center established by the people of South King County in 1965. Today, we operate comprehensive outpatient clinics in Auburn, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Meridian (Northgate), Midway (Des Moines), Rainier Beach, and Renton.