Girl's Health & Sports Training Teacher
Valley Christian High School Chandler, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $41,000 to $60,000 Yearly
Mission of Valley Christian:
The mission of Valley Christian is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially, and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
The Girl’s Health & Sports Training Teacher will teach Girls P.E./Health & Fitness and serve as a Certified Athletic trainer for boys and girls athletic teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Displays and maintains deep knowledge of health, fitness, and sports training
- Integrate God's truth from His Word (biblical illumination) into lessons and connect Biblical Truth to high school students’ lives
- Demonstrate a passion for ministering to teenagers through teaching and counseling
- Promote student engagement to inspire and encourage progress
- Maintain a healthy learning environment for the students in the classroom by managing students’ behavior, including appropriate enforcement of student behavior rules
- Teach classes assigned as scheduled by the Administrator/Principal
- Maintain records by documenting learning accomplishments, attendance, and behavior
- Adjust curriculum scope and sequence according to the learning needs of students
- Modify instruction based on student diagnostic and assessment results
- Direct or moderate at least one extra-curricular activity as assigned
- Adhere to Valley Christian policies, procedures/processes, and codes
- Performs other related assigned duties
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a Christian with a consistent testimony among his/her family, peers, and students
- Obtain an ACSI 2-year Temporary Certificate within the first year of employment
- Obtain an ACSI Standard Certificate in your teaching discipline within 3 years of employment
- Must be flexible and possess a growth mindset
- Must display a desire to work as a team, be motivated to serve, and contribute when needed
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona Level One IVP fingerprint card
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to multi-task with organization
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Nutrition, Sports Sciences, or closely related field from an accredited college/university is required.
- Formal education and professional pedagogy in health, fitness, and certification in Athletic Training is required.
- Master’s Degree and 3-5 years teaching experience in the field is preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings
- Must be able to work during prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking at events
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
Salary range is $41,000 – 60,000 per year and is commensurate with education and experience. Employee medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, and additional benefits are included with the position.
Background Check Statement:
VCS conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
About Valley Christian Schools:
About Valley Christian Schools:
Valley Christian Schools offers students in Kindergarten through 12th Grade big school opportunities in a small school environment. Established in 1982, VCS provides 900+ students a distinctly Christian education with excellent academics, championship athletics, award-winning fine arts and a supporting community that encourages spiritual growth and the success of our students in and out of the classroom across our three East Valley campuses. Valley Christian is ranked as one of the Top 50 Christian high schools in the U.S., the #1 Christian High School in Arizona, and as one of the Top 125 Places to Work in Arizona. For more information visit, www.valleychristianaz.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Valley Christian Schools does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. However, Valley Christian Schools is a Christian educational institution and, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. It is our desire to build an employee community of individuals who are currently actively living out their Christian faith and are in agreement with our policies outlined in Valley Christian Schools’ Employee Handbook.
Valley Christian High School
EducationView all jobs at Valley Christian High School