We are currently hiring for the full-time role of School Based Mental Health Therapist to provide a positive impact within the lives of clients in public schools.
Valley Behavioral Health is a group of nonprofit programs located in the Inter-mountain West. Based in Salt Lake City, Valley focuses on technology, evidence-based practices, and data collection and analysis to ensure the best treatment for behavioral health, addiction, psychiatric conditions, autism, and other chronic health conditions. We are inspired by helping those we serve live more fulfilling lives, one person at a time.
Program & Positions
School Based Behavioral Health services provide children with an experiences on -site therapist. They work closely with children, family, and school staff to increase success in class, with peers, family, and in the community. Job responsibilities include:
- Work with Valley and school leadership, from different expertise areas, in providing care to address behavioral, social and communication concerns
- Provide direct, evidence-based, clinical services. This includes interviews, evaluations and assessments of clients to create treatment plans and provide quality care
- Provide psychotherapy to clients including individual and group settings
- Document and maintain care plans using our online medical records system
- Crisis intervention
What's In it For You?
- Flexible hours for you to choose(15-40 hours)
- Flexible days for you to choose: Monday- Friday between 8am-3pm
- Option to work or take summer off
- Pay: Rate Table, most competitive in Utah!
- Location: openings within various school districts, to include Granite, Jordan, Canyon and Salt Lake.
- Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from.
- Development: We provide professional growth through our Valley Academy!
- Working for an innovative company that improves the way we care for our clients using:
Empathy & Compassion • Team Focus • Resilience • Fun! • Integrity • Excellence
- Masters degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage or Family Therapy from an accredited University/College
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Certified Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) license
- Must carry own malpractice insurance for Independent Contractor positions ONLY
- Experience with working with youth
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn new programs
- Experience working independently, and as part of a team
Valley Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer.