Valley Behavioral Health is a group of nonprofit programs located in the Inter-mountain West. Based in Salt Lake City, Valley focuses on technology, evidence-based practices, and data collection and analysis to ensure the best treatment for behavioral health, addiction, psychiatric conditions, autism, and other chronic health conditions. We are inspired by helping those we serve live more fulfilling lives, one person at a time.
Program & Positions
Forensics helps clients on parole and probation who have been referred into treatment by the criminal justice system. Forensics offers mental health outpatient services, treatment for domestic violence offenders, substance use disorder treatment and intensive outpatient services. Job responsibilities include:
- Provide individual, group, mental health and substance abuse therapy for adults
- Respond professionally as you provide compassionate, proactive, crisis intervention for walk-in clients as well as responding to individuals who call in crisis requesting services or needing emergency intervention.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of therapists, case managers, and medical staff as well as community partners and outside organizations/programs
- Provides psychotherapy to clients including individual therapy
- Treatment planning, Care coordination, Documentation
- Knowledge of different evidenced based practice of psychotherapy, including crisis intervention skills; general personality development theories; typical community agencies, organizations and programs
What's In it For You?
- Schedule: Full-time, M-F/8a-5p (flexibility in schedule)
- National industry competitive pay (to include our new pay-for-performance program)
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from.
- Great benefits package: we have outstanding health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching, paid time off, wellness days and paid holidays and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees!
- Growth and Development opportunities!
- Working for an innovative company that improves the way we care for our clients using:
Empathy & Compassion • Team Focus • Resilience • Fun! • Integrity • Excellence
- Master's degree or higher in Social Work, Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited University/College
- ACMHC/MFT/CSW license current in the state of Utah
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office as well as the ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 2 + years’ experience with a variety of substance use disorders (preferred)
Valley Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer.