We are currently hiring for the full-time role of Medical Technician to provide a positive impact within the lives of clients within our residential programs.
Valley Behavioral Health is a group of nonprofit programs located in the Inter-mountain West. Based in Salt Lake City, Valley focuses on technology, evidence-based practices, and data collection and analysis to ensure the best treatment for behavioral health, addiction, psychiatric conditions, autism, and other chronic health conditions. We are inspired by helping those we serve live more fulfilling lives, one person at a time.
Job responsibilities include:
- Functions as the first-line interface for the medication distribution system to triage questions or concerns from patients, the treatment team, or community partners within their scope of care
- Coordinates with the treatment team, including prescribers and pharmacy, to ensure that the correct medications are delivered to the correct patient at the correct time
- Coordinates with the treatment team to ensure that necessary paperwork and medical records are completed or delivered
- Coordinates with the treatment team and office support specialists to communicate with organizations that support patient care
- Coordinates with other MT staff to ensure coverage when out of the office for any reason
- Documents non-billable clinical events in the electronic medical record
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and general guidance for other treatment team
- Demonstrates flexibility when temporarily assigned to other clinics
What’s in it for you?
- Pay: Commensurate with experience!
- Schedule: 4x10 schedule, days will be discussed during interviews
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from.
- Great benefits package: we have outstanding health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching, 15 PTO days, 9 paid holidays, plus 1 flexible wellness day, and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees!
- Growth and Development opportunities!
- Working for an innovative company that improves the way we care for our clients using:
Empathy & Compassion • Team Focus • Resilience • Fun! • Integrity • Excellence
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Utah Medical Assistant, pharmacy technician certification, or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Electronic Medical Record systems
- Oral and written communication
- Strategic thinking
- Time management
- Professional boundaries
- 1 year experience in the medical field, particularly with medications
Valley Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.