We are currently hiring for the full-time role of Communications Center Specialist to provide a positive impact answer questions and providing services for programs throughout Valley.
Valley Behavioral Health is a group of nonprofit programs located in the Inter-mountain West. Based in Salt Lake City, Valley focuses on technology, evidence-based practices, and data collection and analysis to ensure the best treatment for behavioral health, addiction, psychiatric conditions, autism, and other chronic health conditions. We are inspired by helping those we serve live more fulfilling lives, one person at a time.
Program & Positions
The Communications Center is a dynamic and creative team working to strengthen community partnerships and deliver outstanding client-focused service through phone, email, text, chat, and marketing media. Job responsibilities include:
- Answer high volume of phone calls and triage to the appropriate individuals and departments
- Respond to queries via web-based chat, text, and email
- Interact with internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Assist clinical staff with support functions as needed
- Reliably demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Professional conduct via all avenues of communications
What’s in it for you?
- Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Pay: $15 hourly, $15.75 hourly if Spanish Speaking
- Location: Millcreek area of Salt Lake City, UT
- Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from
- A newly constructed communications suite with the best technology and office amenities!
- Great benefits package: we have outstanding health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching, 15 PTO days, 9 paid holidays, plus 1 flexible wellness day, and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees!
- Working for an innovative company that improves the way we care for our clients using:
Empathy & Compassion • Team Focus • Resilience • Fun! • Integrity • Excellence
- Must be comfortable and professional on the phone and in face to face interactions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable learning new programs
- Capability to quickly integrate new information to enhance performance is essential
- Punctual, reliable, and invested in growing a career with Valley Behavioral Health
- 2 years of office support and reception experience (preferred)
- Experience in a therapist or physician's office (preferred)
- Bilingual Spanish/English (preferred)
Valley Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer.