About the Role
As the primary contact for most bank customers, you the Customer Service Representative (CSR) are responsible for supporting the continued development of customer relationships through providing a consistent level of exceptional service.
As a part of a team, you are the front-line liaison for all customer contact areas. While supporting customer care in both the lobby and drive-up, you will engage, actively profile, and present solutions to satisfy the complete needs of each customer while processing standard banking transactions. You will follow through with customer issues and refer to appropriate banker for completion of sales. You will play an active role in self development by being aware of your performance and actively requesting support or training as needed. In addition, you will ensure compliance with regulations and audit standards as they relate to job responsibilities. The assigned work hours may vary and will include some weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Primarily responsible for exemplary customer service while consistently conducting yourself in a professional manner and treating all customers with dignity and respect.
- Responsible for developing and retaining customer relationships through active listening and profiling, using a defined process to address customer needs.
- Act promptly with regard to customer requests and follow through on commitments and obligations. Ask follow up questions to determine if customers needs/expectations have been met to provide a complete solution for each customers.
- Primarily responsible for taking care of customers money by being accountable for each transaction with attention to detail, using a defined process to ensure that each customer will be taken care of with speed and accuracy while maintaining a balanced drawer.
- Responsible for contributing toward a quality-conscious environment for internal and external customers. Work with the branch team to accomplish the branchs daily tasks and quality goals with consistent handling of each issue to completion.
- Proactively protect Valley Bank and its customers from counterfeit and fraudulent activity by staying current on fraud warnings and initiating discussion with customers regarding specific transactions to prevent potential loss to customers and/or Valley Bank.
- Take ownership of mistakes/problems until the issue is resolved to the customers satisfaction. Keep management informed and determine when it is necessary to hand over to the manager or other resources.
- Follow up with internal resources to ensure that customer issues are fully resolved and customer has been notified. Follow through with customer if needed.
- Share ideas and concerns, related to systems and process with Lead CSR. Make recommendations for possible solutions.
- Responsible for identifying customers needs through active listening, profiling each customer to uncover needs, and fulfilling those needs with appropriate products/services. This may include making outbound customer phone calls.
- Play an intricate role in meeting sales/marketing goals of each branch by doing the right thing for the customer.
- Demonstrate the proper level of knowledge of Valley Bank products/services to effectively present appropriate solutions to customers.
- COMPLIANCE & SECURITY / CASH CONTROLS
- Responsible for safeguarding assigned cash/currency at all times and adhering to dual-control procedures as defined by Management.
- Accountable for handling cash-currency as defined by procedure and processing overages/shortages according to the Cash Difference Policy.
- Responsible for keeping all information related to our customers private and confidential. This includes but is not limited to accessing customer information only as it pertains to the relevance of the transaction and by being aware of who can hear your conversations or view private customer information.
- CSR Team is collectively and individually responsible for securing the banks cash/coin and negotiable instruments and following Opening/Closing Procedures.
- Responsible to stay aware of and adhere to the Banks Security Policy. Notify management of any situations that may cause a security risk.
- Responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and the Office of Foreign Assets Control as well as following company policies and procedures.
- Complete all required annual compliance training by the applicable due date to stay current with bank policy and regulation.
COMMUNITY SERVICE / PERSONAL EXCELLENCE
- Identify personal interests and opportunities to make a positive difference for someone else and give back to the community by participating in at least two Community Service activities each year.
- Responsible for pursuing personal excellence by setting personal goals, identifying opportunities to grow, and acting on those opportunities to learn/train.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 6 months customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
-Must have the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Some knowledge of keyboarding or computer.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: stand; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is infrequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR