VP of Laboratory Operations
Valley Agricultural Software Inc Myrtle Point, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VAS is the leading data company making the global dairy and row crop industry environmentally sustainable for consumers and more profitable for producers. We use data from laboratories, on-farm observations, connected cows and the internet of things to create analytics and insights that help producers manage operations optimally.
The VAS Laboratory Division is located in the heart of the Midwest and is comprised of:
- A unique collection of five laboratories spanning milk, food, environment and agronomic testing
- Agronomy Field Services
- Milk Testing Field Services
- Agronomy Consulting Services
We are searching for a dynamic, driven leader who is energized by operational excellence and multi-disciplinary thinking to manage this division as a vital part of the agricultural data ecosystem. You will be responsible for division sales, operations, and overall management of this division and taking VAS to the next level!
In this role, you will:
- Own the development and execution of the division's strategic plans
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive team to develop compelling growth plans.
- Prepare and be accountable for the achievement of annual budget and growth targets of VAS products and services.
- Prepare monthly operational reports, annual budgets, and business plans for the CFO and CEO.
- Keep the company informed on laboratory operations. Provide updates to the Cooperative Council members, Delegates, Members and Association Managers.
- Take a fresh look at division operations and develop a strategy to elevate the division through efficiency and modernization.
- Grow the business
- Accelerate sales and maintain exemplary customer service.
- Develop a network of relationships with allied industry partners.
- Coordinate Sales, Marketing, Information Technology, Product Development, Training and Support efforts to drive strategy
- Ensure VAS Laboratory Departments maintain national accreditations and representation by participating in responsible bodies meetings and communications.
- Develop your team
- Provide a safe and comfortable working environment. Safety first!
- Build a team of world-class professionals.
- Create a positive environment for creative and collaborative work.
- Coach and lead by example to reach division goals.
- Support training to keep staff up to date with industry best practice.
- Be a steward of data
- We are a data-driven company, we love data! Build and support a process that makes data driven decisions and retains all data for future analytics.
- Protect the data and ensure we have a culture of data privacy
- 5+ years of experience in senior management position building a strong team of department managers
- 10+ years of experience in the Dairy or Agronomy Industry required
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with managing either laboratory and/or field operations
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate a team of department managers and staff
- Must have the ability to meet annual sales goals and service expectations
- Must have a go-get mentality to grow and improve the business
- Must have previous experience building and adhering to annual budgeting process
The employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate equipment and tools and have the ability for rapid mental/muscular coordination. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, walk and drive for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally will be exposed to laboratory and on farm conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and chemicals. This position requires occasional vehicle and air travel.
This role also requires office work that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets and fax machines.