Therapist - School Based
Valle del Sol, Inc. Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $43,680 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
***Sign-On and Retention Bonuses Available***
Provides counseling services and coordination of integrated care for consumers and families utilizing individual, group, and/or family approach as indicated by need. Maintains and manages a caseload size of up to 35 consumers receiving consistent counseling services, runs a minimum of 4 therapeutic groups on the school campus, and is responsible for service delivery including conducting intake assessments, participating in, or facilitating, Child and Family Teams, and providing clinical oversight to teams. Works with consumers and their families to create individualized service plans, implements agreed-upon interventions and monitors progress toward goal completion in accordance with the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles. Works with the child and family team to prevent and/or appropriately respond to crises and to minimize out-of-home placement. Monitors consumers’ level of acuity/need and recommends appropriate level of case management and/or psychiatric services accordingly. Promotes consumer/family independence and assists with transition planning. Creates and maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with school administration and staff to incorporate and reinforce community support for consumers and families. Conducts observations and direct services on the school campus. Participates and, when appropriate, provides clinical oversight and established workshops to teachers and administration staff in schools.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) and 1 year of BH experience
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of consumer populations served by the agency, including children and meet requirements for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) or Professional (BHP)
- Must be credentialed as BHT or BHP within 90 days of hire
- Ability to develop routine reports and correspondence
- Must have exceptional skills in communication (written and verbal) and able to execute conflict resolution.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive and trauma-sensitive services
- Experience working with families of diverse socio-economic status
- Maintain an awareness of substance abuse symptoms, signs, and best practice treatment
- Proficient in DSM 5 diagnosing
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior, child development, and counseling theories
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and proof of auto insurance
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC,company-provided life insurance, and company-provided short & long term disability
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Valle del Sol, Inc.Why Work Here?
Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and great benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
Valle del Sol is committed to providing quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need.
EducationView all jobs at Valle del Sol, Inc.